Friday 8 April 2016

Tour of Luton Foodbank Warehouse

On Wednesday afternoon, I visited Luton Foodbank's warehouse. I was shown around by Thakor Morarji, who is a board member. He told me all about the work and history of Luton Foodbank, and introduced me to some of the volunteers.

Thakor Morarji, Paul Turvey, and me


I told them about my Ridgeway challenge and they said it was great. Mr Morarji said donated money was already being used to buy certain items that they were running low on. (See Luton Foodbank's page of most-needed items.)

It was really interesting seeing how it all worked. One of the volunteers was measuring 500g portions of pasta into bags, and some of the others were sorting out tins and making a note of the use-by dates on them.

I also met Amanda Burnham, who is the Community Life Champion for Asda Luton. She said I could put a Dirk Walks poster in the store. :-) 

No comments:

Post a Comment