Saturday 9 April 2016

Training walk 8/9 April 2016

Last night I went on another training walk with my dad. We were meant to leave as soon as I got home from my Brazilian Jiu Jitsu class, but at first I couldn't find my boots, then I had to wait for my dad anyway. We eventually set out at 8.55pm.



It was already dark, and when we reached the countryside it was difficult to see properly but it was ok because there was so much reflected streetlight from the clouds. (Usually I do not like light pollution because it stops you seeing the stars.)

We got to the place where we were going to camp and we pitched the tent. It is a new tent because the other one was too big to put in a rucksack. The other one was really good because it pitches all by itself in 2 seconds but the new one takes much longer. It is a bit bigger inside though so we had more room. Dad cooked our dinner and then we went to bed but we found a slug on the floor and had to put it outside first.

During the night it rained very heavily and the wind was very strong. The tent made loud flapping noises but we were nice and cosy inside.

In the morning we woke up at about 6.30 and had a hot breakfast. But then it started to rain very heavily again so we decided to wait in the tent until it stopped. We packed all our gear and waited. When the rain stopped we went outside and took the tent down then we left. Before we left we checked the ground very carefully to make sure we hadn't left anything. My dad found a tiny bit of tape that he had used to cover our tiny tin opener.


On the walk back it hardly rained at all. We met loads of people walking dogs and some who were running or riding bikes. We looked for three geocaches on the way but only found one of them.


When we got home I had a nice cup of hot milk. We asked Mum and my brother what they did last night and they said they both played Wii Fit. Then we weighed our rucksacks to find out how heavy they were because we swapped some stuff around before we started for home. Mine weighed too much so next time we won't swap.

We walked a total of 5.71km. Next time we have a training walk we will start to walk farther because on the Ridgeway we need to do an average 15km a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment